The summertime has to be one of my favorite seasons, not just because the sun is out but because the warm weather is like a universal signal for a PARTY! I get excited about all kinds of events during the summer, from a birthday party, weddings, concerts to festivals and barbeques. I will be in attendance so send all the invites my way.
I forgot to mention that my birthday is also celebrated in the summer. June 26th to be exact! As a summer baby, I have the task of always planning a summer birthday party. This can get either super stressful or very difficult depending on what kind of outrageous plan I’ve come up with that year.
When I turned 25, I threw a really cute soiree for friends and family. Being as EXTRA as I am, We called it The Black Affair! It was an all black party where the featured guest, (That’s me, I am featured the guest) wore white. We turned up and had a BLAST. Reminiscing about this party has me thinking about the process that I went through to plan it.
There are so many things that you have to make sure you are on top of when party planning. So, I put together a list of 5 party planning tips that will reduce your stress during this process.
- Start with a budget
- Weather your party planning budget is $50 or $500, make sure that you know exactly how much you want to spend on this extravaganza because believe me, things add up quickly!
- Choose a party theme
- Party planning can be strenuous and stressful if you let it! Choosing a party theme will help you determine what direction you are going. Plus, it’s a great way to have your friends dress up in a fancy outfit for your occasion. Personally, I am here for a fabulous party outfit that matches a great party theme.
- Send out amazing invitations
- Entice and get your attendees excited about your event by sending out amazing invitations. Basic Invite is a service that can help you design that impressive invite. They have pretty much any color that you’re looking for, but if you want to get fancy they have a gold foil that you can add to your party invitation. Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and my favorite rose gold. You can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs. They also offer address capturing which allows you to send a link via social media to capture your friends and families addresses for a seamless mailing process.
- Right now Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51. Check out some really cool examples here:
- The dollar store is your new best friend
- I was really shocked when my best friends took me to the dollar store to stock up on decorations. Although some of the items where one use only, it made a world of difference at my party and it kept me within budget. I never really thought that the dollar store would be able to assist in bringing the proper decor to a birthday party, but I was pleasantly surprised. The dollar store truly has an array of different accessories that you can use to jazz up your event, especially for just a dollar.
- Keep your menu simple
- Don’t overthink this portion of your event. A great option for party food is the large catered dishes from Costco or Sam’s Club, and while you are there grab your drinks and alcohol. These locations are great for stocking up on bulk items such as plates, napkins and cups as well.
Let not forget it is a party so don’t forget to have A LOT OF FUN! I hope theses tips help.
*Blog sponsored by Basic Invite
Follow them on social media